It is typical for us to see women models in the beauty market. Most women model beauty products and facial procedures and promote healthy lifestyles. However, it is not only the women who experience skin issues but also the men. It may sound unusual for men to go through skin treatments and use beauty products that can address their insecurities, but this practice breaks gender stereotypes in beauty. With the popularity of dermal fillers, gel injections, and especially botox, most men nowadays find their way under the needle. Everything to know about men’s botox is in whatever gender spectrum you are currently in.
What is botox?
We all know Botox is one of the most popular body procedures in the beauty industry. This injection was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2002, specifically for cosmetic use. The bacteria Clostridium botulinum produces the botulinum toxin that a professional will inject into your face to achieve botox success.
Moreover, in the United States, men get more than half a million botox injections per year. But botulinum toxin injection can branch out to more specific kinds, and one of these is the botulinum toxin type A, which is a neurotoxin injectable.
What is botox for men using neurotoxins, and how does it work?
Botulinum toxin type A or the neurotoxin injectable goes under the brands of Botox Cosmetic, Xeomin, Dysport, and Juneau. These injectables are popular in treating dynamic wrinkles and smoothing out the wrinkles resulting from regular movements such as smiling, frowning, squinting, and other expressions we make.
The treatment works by blocking the muscle’s nerve impulses which cause them to relax. Because of this, a significant reduction in dynamic wrinkles is visible, and softened facial expressions are evident.
What are the reasons why men consider botox?
Although it was mentioned that women still dominate the use of cosmetic procedures, there is a significant growth in skin treatments for men. According to trusted sources, here are some reasons why men also indulge in the beauty of botox:
- The pressure on social media can contribute to men’s consciousness of their physical appearance. Likewise, there is a sense of wanting to be presentable and attractive in profile pictures, especially on dating apps.
- Another reason is for work competitiveness because many reports say that men get botox to maintain performance against their younger co-workers. They claim that keeping a healthy appearance aids in fighting ageism in their workplace.
- Studies also show that the most significant influence to try botox for men is by encouraging their significant other. They get this cosmetic procedure to keep being attractive to their significant other, or they are highly motivated to get cosmetic procedures with them.
What are the treatment sites for men’s botox?
As women, the most popular reason for men to get botox is to reduce facial wrinkles, but the most common treatment sites are the following:
- In the forehead, reducing creases.
- In the eye’s corners to fight against crow’s feet.
- Around the mouth to address laugh lines.
- Between the eyebrows to get rid of frown lines.
What are the benefits of men’s botox?
We all know how botox injections can alleviate one’s self. But more than that, here are the three most enormous benefits you can get from men’s botox:
- Eased muscles: Aside from smoothing out wrinkles, botulinum toxin was initially made to cure spasms and stiffness, relaxing the muscles. Botulinum toxin can also cure stiff ankles, twitching hands, and Bell’s palsy in medical use. The results are temporary, but you can continuously get injections to retain the advantages.
- Boosted self-esteem: Skin issues caused by aging and other factors can affect confidence, and being sweaty can lead to embarrassment. With Botox injections, men can especially get their self-esteem boosted. As mentioned earlier, one of the main factors men get botox injections is competitiveness and appearance. Botulinum injections can address fine lines, wrinkles, and excessive sweating.
- Reduced sweating: Let us be honest that sweaty armpits and even hands are not flattering. Even wearing your favorite clothes can hinder this when circles of stains from under your armpits. But men’s botox can reduce sweating because it paralyzes sweat glands, reducing sweat production in the treatment area. According to studies, most men are unhappy with the so-called “stress” sweat, creating a more unpleasant smell than normal sweat.
Side effects and cost
Botulinum toxin injections are generally safe, especially in the hands of a professional and experienced provider. However, typical side effects may include dry eyes, bruising and swelling in the areas treated, flu-like symptoms, headaches, and excessive tears.
Furthermore, there can be rare situations where the toxins administered can spread to other body parts. And when this happens, you can experience breathing, speaking, and swallowing difficulties, vision problems, and muscle and bladder control loss. If you notice these severe complications, notify your doctor immediately to prevent further risks.
Unfortunately, botox is not for breastfeeding, pregnant, and allergic to cow’s milk.
The current starting price of men’s botox is $450. This price range may still vary depending on your provider’s fee, the number of injections, and your location. Since botox is also a cosmetic procedure, insurance does not cover it. However, you can get discounts on promos and packages depending on the medical spa of choice.
Speaking of a medical spa of choice, it is vital to check your professional’s credibility. Remember that men’s botox is safe, but you can fall into a deep pit if you choose the wrong one. When the injections are not performed accurately, the toxin may unintentionally spread to various parts of the body, which causes the complications stated earlier. But in NuFaceGlow Med Spa, you would not experience any of these unfortunate circumstances because they strive to give valuable clients like you quality body toning and skin rejuvenation services. Located in Seaford, New York, they will not just enhance but recognize, heal, and correct your existing beauty.
Being a man requires self-pamper, too sometimes. So if you are like us, who think you deserve that skin enhancement and glow, contact the most suitable medical spa for you today!